Monday, July 21, 2008

Started in share market

- Taken from blog 'Life Movie Fun'
For a long time I was thinking of entering in share market. Never got a chance to do so while I was in india.. reason - most of employer have blocked trading sites in their workplace so that to increase productivity. In other countries it is not so - may be becuase people are not so much into it? Naaaa.. I think may be because they believe in their employees more than indian companies do. Anyway this is a never ending debate...
My experience to share market is good till now.. When I opened my demat account, share market was booming like anything and I was dying to enter into it. Something inside me told me to hold and not enter into it that time.. good decision I would say as otherwise I would have fell flat on mouth.. :(. I invested in few mutual fund at decreasing slope of market and it still went down taking my money into it.. I am hopeful that mutual funds are supposed to be investment for long term so over the time it will bring me returns..
Share market though has started going up a bit and I managed to enter just before it was touching its long time bottom mark. Result, it has started showing returns. Though I didn't put much of money, it was a good experience. I felt like I learnt a lesson of patience here. I would say few points which I felt are really needed if someone don't want to get hurt in here -

1. Keep an eye and ear on market news. Take a bit of risk as economic cycle is never on a single trend. If it is going up, it will come down. You should be watchful to enter in it while it is down.

2. Take a decision when it is good enough down for your risk appetite. It may go down even further which might make you panic. If you try to exit at that time, you would be actually loosing only. Keep faith in company where you have invested. If it is good, it will come up.

3. Don't try to play lucky. Invest in good companies where you are confident of returns. when you have learnt a lot, may be try something adventurus.

I think this 3 point lesson is enough for starting. If you try to learn all before entering, you might be sitting like me never entering it. so make a start :).
Good bye

No comments:

Post a Comment